Several Stanton neighborhoods have opted-in to the City's Residential Permit Parking program.
- If you live in a Permit Parking area, parking permits are available at Stanton City Hall at the Public Works counter. One of the following must be provided in order to issued parking permits:
- a valid proof of residency (utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage agreement)
- proof of vehicle ownership with Stanton home address (car registration)
- photo ID with Stanton home address (driver's license, passport, etc.)
- Each residential unit, such as a home or an apartment, can be issued up to three permits at a cost of $25 each. The permits will be valid for a two-year period. The permits will be a hangtag that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.
- The current two-year period is from January 1, 2024 until December 31, 2025.
- Up to 100 overnight guest permit parking passes per year can be obtained per residence at no fee from the City. Each overnight guest permit is valid for one full day till noon of the following day. Please be aware that the City is closed on Fridays.
- All existing permits will expire as of December 31, 2025.
- Permits for the 2024/2025 cycle will be available to all residents on November 1, 2023 for the following two-year cycle. Staff recommends obtaining permits early prior to the start of the new cycle as parking enforcement will begin January 1, 2024.
- In accordance with the California Attorney General's recommendations, multi-family properties, such as condos or apartments, can now be included in the permit parking program. Applications for new parking permit zones are available at the Public Works counter and the fee is $660 to begin the process. 75% of residents must vote to approve a new parking zone or to remove an existing parking zone. To begin the permitting process in your neighborhood, please call the Public Works Department at (714) 890-4205.
For interactive parking permit maps, please visit our Neighborhood Map page.