Several Stanton neighborhoods have opted-in to the City's Residential Permit Parking program. Guidelines, adopted by Stanton City Council, are summarized below:
- Only certain neighborhoods have elected to be part of the Permit Parking Program.
- There are Parking Districts and Parking Zones.
- Parking Districts are large block areas that are generally bounded by major streets.
- Parking Zones are areas within the Districts that residents may vote to establish a new permit parking area. Current areas of permit parking are Parking Zones. Multiple Parking Zones may exist within a District, and a parking permit may be used in any zone within the District.
- In accordance with the California Attorney General's recommendations, multi-family properties, such as condos or apartments, can now be included in the permit parking program. Applications for new parking permit zones are available at the Public Works counter and the fee is $660 to begin the process. 75% of residents must vote to approve a new parking zone or to remove an existing parking zone. To begin the permitting process in your neighborhood, please call the Public Works Department at (714) 890-4205.
- Each residential unit, such as a home or an apartment, can be issued up to three permits at a cost of $25 each. The permits will be valid for a two-year period from January 1, 2020 until December 31, 2021. The permits will be a hangtag that can be moved from vehicle to vehicle.
- The next two-year period will be from January 1, 2022 until December 31, 2023.
- Up to 100 overnight guest permit parking passes per year can be obtained per residence at no fee from the City. Each overnight guest permit is valid for one full day till noon of the following day. Please be aware that the city is closed on Fridays.
- All existing permits will expire as of December 31, 2021.
- New permits will be available to all residents on November 1, 2021 for the following two-year cycle. Staff recommends getting permits early as parking enforcement will begin January 1, 2022.