The City Clerk serves as Clerk of the City Council, Secretary of the Stanton Successor Agency, Secretary of the Stanton Parking Authority, Secretary of the Stanton Public Financing Authority, Secretary of the Stanton Housing Authority and Secretary of the Stanton Oversight Board.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE
The City Clerk administers the City's legislative processes. The City Clerk is responsible for preparing City Council Agendas and follow-up correspondence; recording and maintaining City Council Minutes, Ordinances and Resolutions; preserving all official and historical City records; conducting City elections; recording deeds; administering oaths; receiving and processing of liability claims against the City; responding to Public Records Act requests; providing applications for voter registration; and complying with filing obligations required by the State Political Reform Act.
As the principal link between the public, the City Council and the City organization, the City Clerk’s Office provides the following services:
- Support for the City Council
- Preparation of the City Council Meetings, Agendas & Minutes
- Elections and Voter Services
- Official Filing of Campaign Disclosure Statements
- Codification and Maintenance of the Stanton Municipal Code and Zoning Ordinance
- Coordination of City Commissions
- Access to Public Records
- Senate Bill 272 (SB 272)