The City of Stanton offers a free tree planting program on residential parkways! To qualify, residents must agree to water and care for their tree by following the below guidelines. Tree trimming will continue to be done by City staff. For more information and to request a new tree, please contact the Public Works Department by emailing PublicWorks@StantonCA.gov.
TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR NEWLY PLANTED TREE
- Water your tree two times per week by the full basin that surrounds your tree with approximately 15 gallons of water for the first year.
- Water deeply one time per week during periods of active growth (Spring & Summer) and reduce watering in cool seasons (Winter & Fall).
- Avoid watering too close to the tree trunk to prevent fungal diseases & bark decay.
- Avoid using line trimming equipment adjacent to the trunk of the tree.
- Mulch applied over the root zone is beneficial, but should not exceed 3 inches deep & should be kept 6 inches away from the trunk