FRAUD, WASTE, AND ABUSE REPORTING
The City of Stanton is committed to ensuring accountability and integrity. We take pride in our employees and the high-quality services we provide to the community.
The fraud hotline is designed for reporting suspected cases of fraud by the City or its employees, officials, contractors or vendors and/or breaches of City-Wide Policies and Standards of Conduct that have a financial impact on the City, including, but not limited to, waste or abuse of City resources. Examples include:
- Theft of City resources (e.g., cash, equipment, supplies, or materials)
- Intentional misuse of City equipment or property
- Accepting a bribe, kickback or illegal gratuity
- Payroll fraud or time abuse
- Record falsification
Please note the Fraud Hotline is not a substitute for employment-related grievances or complaints by City employees, as existing City policy and procedures provide channels for resolution of these issues.
The City will not retaliate, nor will it tolerate retaliation, against those who, in good faith, report suspected fraud, waste or abuse or who participate in an investigation of suspected violations involving the City of Stanton. Those who bring matters to the Fraud Hotline may be protected through the State of California Whistleblower Protection Act or other State or federal laws.
How to Report
Any employee, contractor or resident who discovers or suspects inappropriate activity can report in several ways to our independent third-party anonymous and confidential reporting service.
Here’s how to report:
- Phone: Call (844) 714-9654
- Text: Text REPORT to 844-714-9654
- Online: reports can be submitted at Index - Catapult EMS 24-hours a day using the secure online reporting form