Election Information & Voter Services
The next General Municipal Election will be held on November 8, 2022. The election will be for two (2) Council Member seats voted by-district and one (1) Mayor seat:
- District 1
- District 3
- Search for a location near you.
- View list of Vote Centers (in-person voting and in-person drop off locations).
- View list of Secure Ballot Drop Box locations.
- ELECTION DATE: November 8, 2022. Polls are open from 7am to 8pm
- OFFICES TO BE FILLED:
- Two (2) Council Member seats voted by-district (Districts 1 & 3)
- One (1) Mayor seat
- TERM OF OFFICE: Four (4) years
- CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY: Registered voter (18 years old) in the City of Stanton at the time nomination papers are issued.
- NOMINATION PERIOD: Monday, July 18, 2022, through 5pm, Friday, August 12, 2022 (By Appointment Only)
- CITY CLERK OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Thursday: 7am to 6pm. (Closed every Friday)
- REQUIRED WHEN FILING FOR NOMINATION
- $25 Filing Fee
- Nomination Paper
- Ballot Designation Worksheet
- Form 501- Candidate Intention Statement
- Form 700- Statement of Economic Interests
- Optional Forms When Filing For Nomination – must be received at the same time as Nomination Paper and Form 700
- Candidate Statement with deposit
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE: Monday, October 24, 2022
To be eligible for candidacy for the office of City Council of the City of Stanton, you must be a registered voter in the City of Stanton and resided within your designated district. Prior to issuing nomination papers, the registration of all prospective candidates will be verified with the Orange County Registrar of Voters.
Nomination papers are obtained from the City Clerk’s Office, beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, July 18, 2022, through 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 12, 2022, (Appointments are required).
If nomination papers for an incumbent member of the City Council are not filed by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 12, 2022, the voters shall have until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, to nominate candidates other than the incumbent for such elective office.
Following verification that candidates are a registered voter in the City of Stanton, Candidate’s name will be typed onto the nomination paper, and the nomination paper will be signed by the City Clerk or her designee and issued to the candidate for circulation.
In accordance with State law, the City Council has implemented a filing fee of $25 to be paid at the time Nomination Papers are filed. California Courts have ruled that we may not refuse to place a candidate’s name on the ballot due to an inability to pay the filing fee. If the City Clerk cannot waive the fee after review of financial documents, there is another alternative; Candidates may substitute four additional signatures for each one-dollar of the filing fee (100 additional signatures) in accordance with Elections Code Section 8106.
RESOLUTIONS AND NOTICES
- Notice of Election (English) (Español) (한국어) (Tiếng Việt)
- Notice of Nominees (English) (Español) (한국어) (Tiếng Việt)
Filing Period: July 18, 2022 - August 12, 2022 (by appointment only)
- Coming Soon
Candidates and others using this book must bear full responsibility for making their own determinations as to all legal standards, duties, and factual material contained herein.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE LIST
OFFICE OF COUNCIL MEMBER (District 1)
OFFICE OF COUNCIL MEMBER (District 3)
OFFICE OF COUNCIL MEMBER (Mayor)
CERTIFICATION OF THE NOVEMBER 8, 2022 ELECTION
General Municipal Elections are held in the City of Stanton on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November in even-numbered years.
To be eligible to vote in an election, you must register at least 15 days prior to the election date. Once you have registered, your voter registration will remain active, regardless of whether or not you voted in the last election.
Elections and voter services information can be obtained at the Orange County Registrar of Voters website regarding upcoming elections, previous election results, vote by mail and absentee voter registration.
For more detailed Election Information provided by the County of Orange, please visit www.ocvote.gov.
- Election Information in English
- Election Information in Korean(한국어)
- Election Information in Spanish(Español)
- Election Information in Vietnamese(Tiếng Việt)
- Register to Vote Now
- Verify Your Voter Registration Information
- Update Your Voter Registration
- Register to Vote-by-Mail
- Verify Your Voter-by-Mail Status
- You must be a U.S. citizen at the time you register.
- You must be at least 18 years of age before the date of the next election.
- You may not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Change Your Name
- Change Your Political Party Affiliation
Vote Centers mean many more options for voters. Elections are no longer a one-day event. Voting begins the month before any election day when every voter will receive a vote-by-mail ballot. Take advantage of the alternatives available to avoid congestion – from voting at home, drive-thru ballot drop-off, in-person options, returning your ballot via the United States Postal Service, or personally delivering your ballot. Visit www.ocvote.gov for more information.