City Hall is currently open to the public. All visitors to City Hall are required to wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing. City Hall hours will continue to be Monday-Thursday, 7am-12pm, and 1pm-6pm. We encourage all community members to call if possible to continue to limit physical contact as much as possible.
Public meetings, including those for Councils, Commissions and Committees, will be conducted telephonically or virtually until further notice. For information on how to access meetings please see our Agendas and Minutes page.
PARKS IN STANTON
All parks in the City of Stanton are currently open. We invite all community members to come and enjoy the fresh air and get some exercise. We ask that all visitors continue to practice safe social distancing guidelines while visiting our parks such as maintaining a 6ft distance from those who are not in the same household and maintaining good hygiene. For the latest information on park amenities and services please visit the Parks in Stanton page.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT - PLANNING AND BUILDING PERMITS
City Hall is encouraging appointments for visiting us in person. Please call (714) 890-4237 to schedule an appointment with the Community Development Department. All visitors there to conduct business must continue to practice social distancing rules and guidelines. Plans can be submitted electronically to the Building Division for new plan submittals, plan re-submittals, revisions to existing plans. Please go to our Plan Check page. Please contact our permit technician via email at: PermitTech@StantonCA.gov. Payments can be made over the phone (Visa or MasterCard) when paying for plan check or permit fees.
For more information call:
- Building: (714) 890-4286
- Building Inspector: (714) 890-4202
- Request for Inspections: (714) 890-4252, Option 1
- Planning: (714) 890-4237
Parking enforcement resumed Monday, July 6, 2020. We ask that all residents move their cars on scheduled street sweeping days and times. Also, cars parked in parking permit zones will be required to display a 2020-2021 parking permit or risk being cited for a parking violation. We thank the Stanton community for doing their part!
TRASH COLLECTION AND STREET SWEEPING
At this time, the City of Stanton and CR&R continue to maintain normal waste and recycling collection and street sweeping schedules in all service areas.
FREE MEALS & SHELF-STABLE GROCERIES
Seniors are invited to visit City Hall to receive frozen meals offered through OC Meals on Wheels as well as boxes of shelf-stable items provided by Second Harvest Food Bank. Additionally, our home-delivered meal service continues to operate and deliver meals Monday-Thursday to homebound seniors in our community. If you, or a senior you know, are in need of a nutritious meal or any other resources, please call the Community Services Department at (714) 890-4270.
Food distribution is offered at City Hall two days a week:
- Tuesdays, 11am-1pm: Last name beginning with A-M
- Thursdays, 11am-1pm: Last name beginning with N-Z
HEALTHY SOCIAL DISTANCING
Practicing social distancing does not mean we have to be socially isolated! Stay in touch with friends, family and co-workers by texting, sending emails, talking on the phone, and video chatting. If you need someone to turn to but are having difficulty connecting with someone in your support network, there is online or phone support available through:
- Stanton Community Services Department: (714) 890-4270
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Line (24/7): Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- The Peer-Run Warm Line (24/7): Call 1(855) 845-7415 for peer-run non-emergency emotional support
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): Call 1(800) 273-8255
- Nami Warmline: 1(877) 910-WARM for telephone-based, non-crisis for anyone struggling with mental health and/or substance use issues.
- OC-Links: 1 (855) 625-4657 for information and referrals to OC Behavioral Health Services.
- anyone that has experienced a death or trauma
- anxious or lonely citizens needing to talk
Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy (HICAP) is a volunteer-supported program that provides free unbiased medical counseling to seniors and their families. Individuals can arrange for one-on-one phone appointments at (714) 560-0424, M-F from 8am-4pm.
STAY FIT & HEALTHY
Stay fit and healthy with Stanton's Senior Fitness instructor, Eva Zepeda! Eva will be uploading weekly videos and lessons on how to stay healthy for all of her students. Learn about key components of fitness and continue to be active indoors. Visit Eva's YouTube channel today to access her lessons and fitness videos today.
- Visit the California Department of Aging’s COVID-19 page for a list of resources for older and other at-risk adults.
- Do you suspect someone is being neglected or abused? Call Adult Protective Services at (833) 401-0832.
- Suspect fraud? AARP has a Fraud Watch Network Helpline: (877) 908-3360
- Concerned about someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s or their caregiver? Call the Alzheimer’s Association: (800) 272-3900.