Public Cable Television Authority
The Public Cable Television Authority (PCTA), a joint powers agency representing the Cities of Fountain Valley, Westminster, and Stanton, is responsible for monitoring federal and state video service provider customer service standards in our community. Although video service provider rates are deregulated under federal law, PCTA serves as a resource for local residents by assisting subscribers with billing, service and other unresolved issues with their video service provider.
The PCTA also manages and produces original programming for the City of Stanton's government access television station, which can be viewed on Spectrum Channel 3, Verizon FiOS Channel 21 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 99, or streamed online here.STANDARDS
The following are just some of the customer service standards that the PCTA monitors:
- Prompt phone connection times and courteous service from your video service providers
- Clear and itemized service billing
- On-time appointments by video service provider technicians
- Response to service interruptions within 24 hours
- Credit for interrupted service upon subscriber request
- For complaints regarding Telephone Service, please contact the Consumer Affairs Branch of the California Public Utilities Commission at (800) 649-7570.
- For complaints regarding Internet Service Providers, please contact the Consumer Affairs Bureau of the Federal Communications Commission at (888) 225-5322.
- If you have an unresolved video service provider concern or complaint, contact PCTA at (714) 968-2024.